Meeting of the working group on the accessible tourism’s development
Today in the Federal Agency for tourism of the Ministry of culture of the Russian Federation held a meeting of the working group on the accessible tourism’s development.
In the meeting took part:
– Roman Skory – Deputy head of the Federal Agency for tourism;
– Aleхander Bavelsky – Chairperson of the Board
“International academy of accessibility and universal design”;
– Nadejda Lobanova – Chairperson of the Moscow organization of all-Russian public organization Russian society of disabled people;
– Oleg Nikitin – Deputy General Director of “Federal passenger company”;
– Alexander Lvov – Deputy General Director of “Russian railway Tours”;
– Oleg Pirozhkov – the leading expert of Department of development of “Russian Railways Tour”;
– Vladimir Samonin – Head of Department for social inclusion of persons with disabilities;
– Taras borovko – Deputy head of Department of adaptation of urban infrastructure Management for the social inclusion of persons with disabilities.
The meeting has explored the following questions:
1) The Development of social trails for the campers, including disabled people, consistent with the principles of accessibility and universal design, with the possibility of accommodation, dining and leisure activities in the area of Federal roads;
2) Placement of disabled campers along the route of the rally “Environment – healthy lifestyle” on the route Moscow – Valday – Vyborg – Sortavala – Petrozavodsk – Petersburg – Valday– Moscow (from July, 21 to August, 2, 2017).
The rally will be attended by the drivers with lesions of the musculoskeletal system (on vehicles with manual control);
3) The results of the implementation of the first phase of a joint “Russian Railways Tour” project for the definition of transport accessibility of regions of the Russian Federation (for handicapped people).
At the end of the meeting, members of the Working group were agreed to continue work on the accessible tourism’s development in the Russian Federation, and the next step of the meeting will be results of the rally.